Next week’s tuesday will be the day when the new games from the PS+ program will arrive but Sony has announced the titles already so here we are. Like every month, I’ll try to explain very briefly what to expect from them but, as I haven’t played them all for myself yet, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Anyway, these will be the games.
- Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) – This one I did play and it’s an amazing experience. The charm of this colorful platformer will bring you in but, even if it starts kind of slow, soon you’ll “unfold” a title that’s way deeper than you would have expected. By the way, if you already played the vita original, this game adds (and changes) enough content to make the revisiting completely worth it.
- Disc Jam (PS4) – I have to admit that I didn’t even know this game existed but it appears to be one of those party/sports indie games that are all the rage nowadays like Stickbold or Rocket league. In this case though, throwing discs is the name of the game (literally).
- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3) – This game was a runner up on my top 10 overlooked PS3 gems list so that should tell you already that I enjoyed this game quite a bit. It’s a classic 2D fighting game but it is a good one. If you’re a fan of the genre you can’t miss out.
- Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3) – Huge EDF fan here. Shooting massive bugs all over the city never gets old for me. I reviewed EDF 4.1 some time ago and that game can be considered a remastered version of this one with some added content. The PS4 title looks slightly better and runs much better framerate-wise but this PS3 original is still loads of fun.
- Lumo (Vita, Cross Buy with PS4) – I got the chance to try this on someone else’s vita and while it wasn’t my cup of tea, it was an interesting game. Adventure/puzzle games have a very large fanbase so I think many of you might actually enjoy it. That being said, back when I played it the vita version was pretty buggy. Let’s hope some patch fixed it.
- Severed (Vita) – This hand-drawn styled dungeon crawler is considered a must have among the catalog of the handheld and that consideration is very well deserved. If you haven’t purchased it already, you’re in for a treat.