Every gaming-related site is doing this so I guess we have to as well.
The year will soon be over and it’s time for us to share which were the games that we enjoyed the most playing. Since we don’t use numerical scores with our reviews, I bet these picks will be more surprising than on some other sites.
Without further due, this were our favourite games this year.
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider – The saying “good things come to those who wait” could have been the tagline for this game. Square enix made us wait a whole year before we could get the hands on this title but it was worth it. Not only the base game was a great third person action experience but it also included a bunch of extras as well.
4. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – The previous game on this series was among my favourite games of PS3 period. It’s still too early to decide if this one will hold up as highly when the dust settles but I can easily say that this was among my favourite games this year. The moment to moment gameplay of this game was simply superb and I’m certainly a sucker for games that allow different ways to achieve your goals.
3. Watch_dogs 2 – This was a great open-world game in itself but, for me, what makes it deserve more praise is how much of an improvement this game is over its predecessor. Ubisoft had to put a lot of effort if they wanted to turn around the negative perception than the previous game caused and they certainly put a step on the right direction with this one. Very fun game and a great sequel.
2. Inside – I finished my briefiew on this game saying that it was a masterpiece and I still stand by that. This is hands down the best downloadable title of 2016 and only the second on my general list of games because it’s just such a memorable experience. Everyone should play this game and enjoy the bleak dystopia of Inside, its inventive puzzles and unravel its original plot.
1. Uncharted 4: A thief’s end – We’re not surprising many people with this pick I bet but we have to give credit where credit is due and this game is simply amazing. If there’s a game that deserves being called a AAA it’s this. The graphics, the story, the gameplay… It’s actually pretty strange for a game so ambitious to feel so well rounded and polished but that’s Naughty Dog’s seal of quality.
Runner Ups: Dragon Quest Builders, Firewatch, Bound, Doom, Ratchet & Clank…
And this would be it for now. You’re probably wondering why we made a top 5 and left so many great games out of the list but, the thing is, this is a list about the 2016 games we personally enjoyed and there’s so many we couldn’t play yet. I bet that if we were to make this list in december 2017, games like Dishonored 2 and The Last Guardian would probably appear in it but… couldn’t be.
Feel free to tell us in the comments which were your favourite games of the year though. Happy holidays!