Times goes slow but steady like a merry-go-round. Months pass by, years pass as well and now we’re wondering which kind of stuff will be awaiting for us in 2017. We don’t know about that yet except for the games that will be offered next month on the PS+ program and that’s why we’re here.
The games of January will be:
- This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4) –This 2.5D survival strategy game will make players face the harshness that war causes on the civil population. The little ones was some sort of expansion that introduced for the first time little kids into the equation and it made this already tough game (gameplay-wise and emotionally) even tougher. Very recommended game.
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4, PS Vita) – Like the title hints already, this is a remaster of the old point-and-click classic Day of the Tentacle. Among the whole genre, this might be one of the best. A very creative and funny game. That being said, point-and-click games aren’t exactly my thing.
- Blazerush (PS3) – Top down arcade racers were all the rage during the 90’s with games like the classic micromachines. In Blazerush they spin the formula a little making the racing be more about surviving being eliminated by a constantly chasing death machine. This kinds of games are really my jam so I’ll sure be trying it out.
- The Swindle (PS3, PS4, PS Vita) – I already reviewed this tough rogue-like puzzle platformer. I enjoyed the risk/reward system as well as the inventive art design but I found the overall experience a bit too harsh for the player. You can read the whole article clicking here.
- Azkend 2: The World Beneath (PS Vita, PS4) – I’m telling you now, I haven’t played this game and I won’t be downloading it. Those casual match X games aren’t for me.
- Titan Souls (PS Vita, PS4) – This is a game I played but for some reason (probably lazyness) I didn’t make a review out of it. If I had to describe this game I’d say this is the product of mixing Shadow of the Colossus with a classic Zelda game. The gameplay consists on a series of bossfights. It’s a very short game but it is demanding and finding out the right way to defeat certain bosses was pretty fun. Try it out.
And this is it for this month. A lot of cross-buyable choices so even if you don’t own all of the Sony consoles you’ll be able to enjoy most of them.