The E3 is nigh! No, it really is. And we’re pretty excited to see just more about our most anticipated games. Maybe a new trailer, a demo or just a definitive launch date.
Again we’ll be picking 5 games each based on how badly we’re dying to know more about them. Some of these picks are confirmed already to have an appearance at the event while others are not but these are do games that at least, exist. Our wishlist for game announcements will be for another day.
- Final Fantasy XV – This will be first FF game I will get my hands on since 2012, such a long time. The game looks so good and different from previous installments, it looks gorgeous and innovative, a big improvement from past games, amazing game setting and gameplay and deep revealing story. It’s just that I can’t wait.
- Tekken 7 – Tekken is one of my favorite fighting games out there and I’ve been patiently waiting for it to get it released for consoles in the west. I want to see how the engine looks on a ps4 and also to know more about the new characters so a trailer would be really neat.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda – I’m so stocked about this upcoming release in the Mass Effect series. A completely new adventure and story set apart from the ME trilogy. I’m sure it will set an interesting and exciting beginning in the ME universe.
- Detroit: Become Human – I’ve said this before, Detroit looks super promising. I like all Quantic Dream games, they never fail to impress me. I’ve always liked stories with android/robots who feel misunderstood and are being exploited by mankind or that want to be/feel humans.
- Mafia 3 – I’ve been anticipating this game since before it was announced. I loved Mafia 1 and also 2 so after seeing the revealing trailer and footage i just couldn’t help but squeal. What they’ve shown so far it looks good but I just can’t wait to see more of it on the E3.
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – I’m sure this game is still very early in development so my hopes aren’t that high for this one to have a big show at this year’s e3. Still, I fell in love with the last game on ps3 and I’m eager to play the sequel. Bring that ghibli’s charm back and I’ll be set.
- Shenmue III – I’m sure I’m not gonna be alone on this. There was a crowdfunding campaign that was clearly a success so the game must be in the works but we haven’t seen a thing from it really. I want to see how the game looks like as of today and a gameplay trailer would be great for that.
- Rime – The trailers i’ve seen for this game were just gorgeous and radiated a super cool ueda-style atmosphere that immediately caught my attention. The game’s development seems to be pretty troublesome since we haven’t known anything else since the last trailer so any mention to this game would ease my worries and probably get super hyped for it again. Could we get a final release date, please?
- Nier: Automata – I’m a big fan of the original Nier and the amazing fantasy world that Taro Yoko built for it. I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel and, even though I wouldn’t like the story to be spoiled for me, I want to see more of the game. Maybe to see the designs of other characters, to see different locales in the game… In short, I want a new trailer that you can’t get a sense from it but simply looks cool.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – For me, this game stole last e3’s show. We saw a pretty cool vertical slice on how the game action was going to be already but I think we still don’t know the scale the game’s gonna have. I want to be shown a little bit of that and, if possible, a definitive release date because I still can’t believe the game’s gonna be released this year.