I know, I know… It’s february already but we couldn’t start this blog without mentioning the games that we’re looking forward the most this year. I won’t promise they all will be GOTY contestants when they finally come out or if they will come out this year at all since delays are such a trend nowadays. But as of today, this are our personal picks.
- Mafia III – I’ve always been a fan of the mafia series and it looks like its comeback is gonna be better than ever. What can I say? I’m super hyped about playing that game already and I’m sure fans of the series are all feeling the same.
- Rise Of Tomb Raider – There’s no speculation with this one. We know how the game is going to be since it released already on the Xbox platform and, just like the previous game, the game’s full of promise. Lara looks more focused , the detail is amazing in both graphics and storyline… this is literally the rise of a game I surely can’t miss playing.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda – Let’s face it, not much is know yet about andromeda, but considering previous games I¡m sure this one will be epic. What i love about the ME games is the badass action, the roleplay interaction, and I can bet this one will be ten times better.
- Street Fighter V – The Street Fighter series is probably the most iconic fighting game franchise out there and for this iteration, the gameplay is even smoother. They’re still going with the same artstyle as in SFIV but the new gen graphics make it look a lot better. What’s obvious is that the Street Fighter series has always had one of the most memorable rosters in fighting history and the new additions seem to expand on that tradition. Who is ready to kick some ass?
- Tom Clancy’s The Division – The division looks like it’s gonna kick ass. Open world games are a must for me, and the graphics , atmosphere and gameplay look so detailed… this game hooked me up since the first trailer i saw.
Runner ups: Uncharted 4, The Walking Dead: Michonne, Far Cry Primal, The Last Guardian, Attack On Titan, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures: Eyes of Heaven
- Uncharted 4 – Why do we need to go to the movies to see the next action blockbuster when we can stay at home and play the action ourselves? Jaw-dropping set piece after even jaw dropping set piece this series of games is the dream of any action junkie. The grappling hook and the drivable jeeps are the newcomers for this fourth installment and it seems like they’ll only add up more fun to the already amazing formula.
- Dishonored 2 – The alternate universe created for the original dishonored was fantastic. It may have been a grim world but it was fascinating and I can’t wait to sink back into that “whalepunk” dystopia.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – The game has mecha dinousaurs you can blow up to pieces with explosive arrows. Do I need to say anything else? What if I mention the gorgeous graphics? The RPG elements like the crafting? The amusing post-post-apocalyptic world? Nah, just mentioning the mecha dinosaurs is enough.
- Persona 5 – If you search “stylish” in the dictionary you’ll probably see the persona series mentioned somewhere (and if you don’t, shame on you Merriam-Webster). Apart from its style, the persona series it’s been known for its magnific blend of hardcore JRPG and friendship simulator and, even though i’ll never get tired of P4’s different spin offs, my body’s aching to get the taste of a full fledged sequel.
- Deus ex: Mankind Divided – The magnific and terribly overlooked Deus ex: Human Revolution was one of my favourite games last gen. No wonder why its sequel mankind divided is one of my most anticipated games. Eidos, give me player choice and I’ll be happy.
Runner ups: No man’s sky, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Final Fantasy XV, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Nier automata
And this would be it. If you feel like your most anticipated game isn’t on the list, feel free to let us know in the comments.